Skip to main content

A Cinderella Story



I have shared the story of Cinderella with thousands of women.  Why? Because I am Cinderella.  I am the seventh of nine children, and I was born during a time of financial stress for my family. 


My first prince charming came to me when I was nine years old; and when I was twelve, He told me that I was going to be a missionary.  His name is Jesus.

My second prince charming rescued me from a broken heart. I dated a man for several years.  We got engaged, and we planned to get married after graduating from college.  We prayed often about our relationship, and I believed that he was the one for me.  I believed that I was in love and that my path was clear.

One year on Valentines Day, this man I loved broke up with me to go out with another girl.  I was devastated.  It was as if a dark cloud of sadness came over me, and at times, it was hard for me to function. I put on a brave face in front of others, but when I was alone, I struggled with the loss of hope in the plans we had made together.  I remember feeling sick and depressed. I remember crying and asking God to heal my bleeding heart.  I couldn’t eat. I was vomiting, losing weight and starting to look anorexic. 

One morning at church, I heard a visiting minister speak about the importance of breaking free from the past. His words encouraged me to abandon self-pity. I started the healing process by inviting God into the situation.  I asked him through tears and heartache to give me the strength to let go of my past. I made a commitment to God and to myself that I was not going to chase after my ex or even inquire about him.  I got rid of pictures and anything else that stirred up old feelings and memories.  Some days were good and some days were not so good.  I decided that no matter how bad it hurt, I was going to go on and fulfill my destiny. I grew stronger with each passing day.

Remember in the beginning when I said that my second prince charming saved me from a broken heart?  Well, it was during this trying time that I met the man who would become my husband. Talk about being blinded by a broken heart.  This man waited for me for six long years.  We eventually got married, and a week later, we were on the mission field in Costa Rica. We moved on to Columbia where we’ve been for twenty-two years. We founded a church in Medellin, Columbia South America, which currently has over 6,000 members. Our two sons work along side us in the ministry.

God always has a new beginning if you are willing to trust Him with your life.  When it comes to dating, I say never want a man who doesn’t want you.  Love yourself, respect yourself and more importantly, don’t waste time crying over your past when God has a better future in store for you.

KC



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miriam

Miriam was the big sister of Moses. Her name (sometimes rendered as Mary in English) means 'bitter' although it could also signify 'one who loves or is loved by Yahweh'. Yahweh means 'the self-existent one'. Yahweh is one of the ways the children of Israel referred to God. Meet the family Amram and Jochebed were the father and mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses. Moses was the youngest of the three yet became the leader of the pack (Exodus 2:3-4; Exodus 6:20; Numbers 26:59). Moses was the man who led Israel out of Egypt. As the big sister of the family Miriam knew all the secrets. Women often get to know about things that men don't. When Pharaoh of Egypt decreed the death of all Israel baby boys in a desperate attempt to curb the growth of Israel, Amram and Jochebed put baby Moses into a waterproof basket and set it on the river in an attempt to save his life. It was Miriam who was watching the basket when the daughter of Pharaoh discovered it. It w

What Happen To Your Rulership?

My desire is for women to be restored to their rightful place of rulership of Grace, Femininity, Beauty, Temperance, and Excellence.  Together they work from within and shine outwardly. The enemy of our soul works counterclockwise in that he uses the exterior and destroys what is on the inside. There is a direct correlation between rulership and judgment.  In order to effectively rule, there must be the practice of sound judgment.  When rulership is void of sound judgment, a poor rulership is inevitable.  Rulership is a choice.  You can either rule or be ruled.  Walking in rulership is important because it sets order and establishes boundaries.  God (YAH) has given us rulership over our conduct, appearance, and speech.  These things have rulership over you by choice. Rulership is the difference between YAH's people and the world. Rulership is living the way YAH (God) intended for us to live before the foundation of the world. It is time to take a long hard look in the mir

Is MakeUp Deceptive?

 Is there something deceptive about makeup? I believe it is a topic worth exploring. My interest in this topic awakened after receiving a makeup kit which a family member ordered for me online.  When the item arrived the name on the kit gave me an uneasy feeling because I understood the meaning of the name.  Dismissing the feeling I went ahead and used the makeup I had anxiously waited for. But the Lord brought it to my remembrance again and this time I could not ignore.    The Beauty Industry in the US, which includes hair care and skincare, is a 445 billion market (Forbes, May 2017). The US has the largest cosmetic market in the world. It was expected in 2016 to exceed 62 billion in revenue and is expected to maintain positive growth through 2018, (Market Research.com 2016) In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates cosmetics, defines cosmetics as “intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or