Skip to main content

Things I Enjoy-All Things Are Possible

My first visit to a tearoom was over five years ago. It was love at first sight.  Since then I have visited several tearooms to observe and gain a better understanding of how a tearoom operates. A few years ago I offered to work for free at a near by tearoom in exchange to learn the business. Since the owner was planning to retire and had her establishment on the market, I thought it was a match made in heaven. The owner was an older woman who had been in the business for over 20 years.  Her tearoom was absolutely gorgeous. When she turned me down, I was so disappointed. The owner did not feel comfortable sharing her business knowledge with me, but I understood.  I must admit, the rejection did hurt. My thoughts were, "lady I have been a patron of your tearoom for years".  However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The rejection set me on a path to explore other avenues of learning the business. Months later my tea journey lead me to  a seminar offered by Bruce and Shelley Richardson.  They are a husband and wife team who were one of  the first to open one  of American's first and most successful tearoom, The Elmwood Inn.  Here is a brief history:



Elmwood Inn Fine Teas and Benjamin Press sprang from the success of the Elmwood Inn Tea Room in Perryville Kentucky. Over its 14 years of existence, Elmwood Inn developed an international reputation as one of America's favorite locations for a traditional afternoon tea. 

After serving thousands of guests, the tea room closed on July 31, 2004 in order for us to grow our expanding wholesale tea and publishing businesses, now located in Danville, Kentucky.

Being educators, we have always felt the need to share our tea talents with willing students.  Since 2000, over 350 aspiring tea entrepreneurs from across Canada and the United States have attended Elmwood's TEA 101.  These seminars, along with our tea books, continue to inspire tea professionals everywhere.

Elmwood Inn is committed to spreading the good news of tea to a thirsty world.  We like to call it "a cup of serenity." 

Bruce and Shelley Richardson, owners


Last October I had the honor of attending a tea seminar in Kentucky.  It was a wonderful experience. The seminar was very informative and relevant for tea entrepreneurs. The information and presentation of the entire seminar was exceptional. The attention to detail  contributed to the professionalism and elegance of the seminar.  The beautiful luncheons, the decor of the facility and the knowledge of the instructors made the event  unforgettable.  The information  I received was like a key given to me to unlock the door of a dream hidden away in my heart, laying on an old dusty shelf labeled impossible. God gave me more than I could ever imagine.

I arrived a day early in order to relax and prepare for the seminar. The seminar was held at the beautiful and quaint Gratz Park Inn. It was the first time I had traveled alone. I was nervous and excited about my travel plans.  As I was preparing to check in, a woman who was also attending the seminar over heard my conversation with desk clerk. She came over to me and introduced herself.  Her name was Leslie and she was a tea entrepreneur.  God is truly amazing.  My plan was to just attend the seminar, eat alone and stay in my room, but God gave me a friend. Since our rooms were not ready, we took a taxi and went to the Keeneland Race Course where the Kentucky Derby is held.  We walked around the gift shop and watched a few of the races.   It was really nice.  We went back to the hotel, checked in and went out for dinner. Thank God for giving me someone to pal around with.


The next day I attended the seminar and it was awesome.  I was demure and observant, hanging on to every word.  This was my time to glean. Many of the women there were tearoom owners or aspiring to be tearoom owners. At first, I thought I was the only chocolate chip in the bunch, but two other dear sisters arrived.  We all had a great time together.  An experience I will never forget.  The next phase of the journey is securing a place for my tearoom.


A few highlights 





Keeneland, Lexington Kentucky




The Gratz Park Inn-Beautiful Scenery


Leslie


Class Picture


Bruce and Shelley Richardson




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miriam

Miriam was the big sister of Moses. Her name (sometimes rendered as Mary in English) means 'bitter' although it could also signify 'one who loves or is loved by Yahweh'. Yahweh means 'the self-existent one'. Yahweh is one of the ways the children of Israel referred to God. Meet the family Amram and Jochebed were the father and mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses. Moses was the youngest of the three yet became the leader of the pack (Exodus 2:3-4; Exodus 6:20; Numbers 26:59). Moses was the man who led Israel out of Egypt. As the big sister of the family Miriam knew all the secrets. Women often get to know about things that men don't. When Pharaoh of Egypt decreed the death of all Israel baby boys in a desperate attempt to curb the growth of Israel, Amram and Jochebed put baby Moses into a waterproof basket and set it on the river in an attempt to save his life. It was Miriam who was watching the basket when the daughter of Pharaoh discovered it. It w

What Happen To Your Rulership?

My desire is for women to be restored to their rightful place of rulership of Grace, Femininity, Beauty, Temperance, and Excellence.  Together they work from within and shine outwardly. The enemy of our soul works counterclockwise in that he uses the exterior and destroys what is on the inside. There is a direct correlation between rulership and judgment.  In order to effectively rule, there must be the practice of sound judgment.  When rulership is void of sound judgment, a poor rulership is inevitable.  Rulership is a choice.  You can either rule or be ruled.  Walking in rulership is important because it sets order and establishes boundaries.  God (YAH) has given us rulership over our conduct, appearance, and speech.  These things have rulership over you by choice. Rulership is the difference between YAH's people and the world. Rulership is living the way YAH (God) intended for us to live before the foundation of the world. It is time to take a long hard look in the mir

Is MakeUp Deceptive?

 Is there something deceptive about makeup? I believe it is a topic worth exploring. My interest in this topic awakened after receiving a makeup kit which a family member ordered for me online.  When the item arrived the name on the kit gave me an uneasy feeling because I understood the meaning of the name.  Dismissing the feeling I went ahead and used the makeup I had anxiously waited for. But the Lord brought it to my remembrance again and this time I could not ignore.    The Beauty Industry in the US, which includes hair care and skincare, is a 445 billion market (Forbes, May 2017). The US has the largest cosmetic market in the world. It was expected in 2016 to exceed 62 billion in revenue and is expected to maintain positive growth through 2018, (Market Research.com 2016) In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates cosmetics, defines cosmetics as “intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or