Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day

“I’ll always love my Mama she’s my favorite girl. I’ll always love my Mama she brought me in this world. You only get one, you only get one yeah”

The Intruders

I’ll always love my Mama -words to one of my all time favorite song for Mother’s Day.  What a blessing it is to be a mother.  Although I have no biological children of my own, God has taught me through the years what is to be a mother. God taught me that motherhood is a calling. It is meeting the need of a child whether you personally know the child or not. As women we are called to mother a nation, to mother Gods little ones. The other day a young woman was picking up her child from daycare and she was on foot.  It was raining and I was driving as I observed the young woman trying to shelter her child from the rain. I saw heavy drops of rain fall on the child’s head.  My heart was moved, so I quickly turned the car around and drove as fast as I could to catch up to the young woman. I offered her a ride home and she told me she was going to the bus stop. She got in the car, I introduced myself and cautioned her about taking rides from strangers. Then I told her to be at peace as I drove her to her destination. If you do not have children regardless of the reason, God has called you to mother a nation.  It is as simple as giving a ride to a child on a rainy day. Purchasing a coat or a pair of shoes. Comforting or encouraging a child, or just giving a big hug.

My father passed away April 22, 2016, and it has been one of the most challenging time of my life. I will share about my dad on Father’s Day.  Today, I want to focus on my beautiful mother, my family’s inspiration. My mother was incredibly amazing and supportive during this challenging time for our family.  Although my parents were divorced, they still remained good friends. My mother chose to forgive my dad for his indiscretions. I say ‘chose” because forgiveness is a choice.  Mama always said, “God forgave me for my sins, how could I not do the same”.  I am so thankful that my mother never spoke ill of my dad or made us feel like we had to choose one parent over the other. Mom just did what she had to do to raise four children on her own and trust me it was not easy. There were many lean years, but God gave her grace through it all. Her faith in God was the anchor and her prayer life sustained her when hopelessness tried to settle in. Through the years God has blessed my mother and she is a thriving, strong willed beautiful lady.  I treasure the woman that she is. Her words of wisdom, strength, and integrity kept me balanced during my teen years.  There is nothing like having a Godly mother and I would not trade it for anything in this world.  My mother’s example to her children is a like a light in the window on a dark night. Her light is always on and shining brightly.


Honor your mother today and let her know she is appreciated.  If Mom has gone on, bless someone today in her honor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miriam

Miriam was the big sister of Moses. Her name (sometimes rendered as Mary in English) means 'bitter' although it could also signify 'one who loves or is loved by Yahweh'. Yahweh means 'the self-existent one'. Yahweh is one of the ways the children of Israel referred to God. Meet the family Amram and Jochebed were the father and mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses. Moses was the youngest of the three yet became the leader of the pack (Exodus 2:3-4; Exodus 6:20; Numbers 26:59). Moses was the man who led Israel out of Egypt. As the big sister of the family Miriam knew all the secrets. Women often get to know about things that men don't. When Pharaoh of Egypt decreed the death of all Israel baby boys in a desperate attempt to curb the growth of Israel, Amram and Jochebed put baby Moses into a waterproof basket and set it on the river in an attempt to save his life. It was Miriam who was watching the basket when the daughter of Pharaoh discovered it. It w

What Happen To Your Rulership?

My desire is for women to be restored to their rightful place of rulership of Grace, Femininity, Beauty, Temperance, and Excellence.  Together they work from within and shine outwardly. The enemy of our soul works counterclockwise in that he uses the exterior and destroys what is on the inside. There is a direct correlation between rulership and judgment.  In order to effectively rule, there must be the practice of sound judgment.  When rulership is void of sound judgment, a poor rulership is inevitable.  Rulership is a choice.  You can either rule or be ruled.  Walking in rulership is important because it sets order and establishes boundaries.  God (YAH) has given us rulership over our conduct, appearance, and speech.  These things have rulership over you by choice. Rulership is the difference between YAH's people and the world. Rulership is living the way YAH (God) intended for us to live before the foundation of the world. It is time to take a long hard look in the mir

Time Of Refreshing

Psalms 12:6-7 The words of the  Lord   are  pure words, Like  silver tried in a furnace of earth, Purified seven times. 7  You shall keep them, O  Lord , You shall preserve them from this generation forever.