Skip to main content

Better Than Seven Son's

 Ruth 4:13-17

So Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife; and when he went into her, the Lord gave her conception, and she bore a son. Then the women said to Naomi, “Blessed be the Lord, who has not left you this day without a close relative; and may his name be famous in Israel! And may he be to you a restorer of life and a nourisher of your old age; for your daughter-in-law, who loves you, who is better to you than seven sons, has borne him.” Then Naomi took the child and laid him on her bosom, and became a nurse to him. Also, the neighbor women gave him a name, saying, “There is a son born to Naomi.” And they called his name Obed. He is the father of Jesse, the father of David.


Recently my mother asked me to take on the responsibility of managing her personal affairs. I was already doing so, at a distance (looking over her shoulders), as not to offend or make her feel as if she is incapable of handling her own affairs.  Hearing my mom say those words was a sobering moment for me, totally unexpected.   Her words stopped me in my tracks.  I looked at her and she was fine.  I think it was just me having a moment.  The Lord quickly gave me peace and let me know that it was not about me, but about my mom trusting Him.

Although my mother has relinquished to me the managing of her affairs, the transition has not been an easy one. I am daily asking God for patience and daily repenting for the lack of patience. At times I need an attitude adjustment as I try to navigate between what she wants and what I feel is best. I am sure for her letting go has been a process.  This precious lady raised four children
on her own and took on the responsibility of helping to raise children of family members.
I am thankful to God that my mom is in good health at age 80, soon to be 81, Praise the Lord. I believe my mother has come to a place in her life where she simply does not want to do certain things anymore.  She has learned to pick and choose the things she likes to do and have fun with it. It is a well-deserved blessing and I am happy to see her enjoy life.  We are presently trusting God to relocate to the South in order to be near her sisters.

There will be times when you are called upon to do things you may not necessarily feel prepared to do or want to do. I don’t know what it feels like to be elderly and depend on someone to manage my affairs, or to be sick and need someone to take care of me or to
raise children on my own.  Since I do not know these things, I  must depend on God’s grace and  His goodness to come alongside me, and to give me wisdom and patience for the journey ahead. Perhaps you have not been in either of these situations or perhaps you are there now.  Whatever it may be, embrace the moment. I’m not saying it will be easy and I certainly do not want to paint a rosy picture. As with anything in life, there are mountain tops and valley experiences, but in the midst of it all, we can trust God to be with us.  Years from now I want to look back on this time with no regrets and know within my heart I was a kind and loving daughter.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miriam

Miriam was the big sister of Moses. Her name (sometimes rendered as Mary in English) means 'bitter' although it could also signify 'one who loves or is loved by Yahweh'. Yahweh means 'the self-existent one'. Yahweh is one of the ways the children of Israel referred to God. Meet the family Amram and Jochebed were the father and mother of Miriam, Aaron and Moses. Moses was the youngest of the three yet became the leader of the pack (Exodus 2:3-4; Exodus 6:20; Numbers 26:59). Moses was the man who led Israel out of Egypt. As the big sister of the family Miriam knew all the secrets. Women often get to know about things that men don't. When Pharaoh of Egypt decreed the death of all Israel baby boys in a desperate attempt to curb the growth of Israel, Amram and Jochebed put baby Moses into a waterproof basket and set it on the river in an attempt to save his life. It was Miriam who was watching the basket when the daughter of Pharaoh discovered it. It w

What Happen To Your Rulership?

My desire is for women to be restored to their rightful place of rulership of Grace, Femininity, Beauty, Temperance, and Excellence.  Together they work from within and shine outwardly. The enemy of our soul works counterclockwise in that he uses the exterior and destroys what is on the inside. There is a direct correlation between rulership and judgment.  In order to effectively rule, there must be the practice of sound judgment.  When rulership is void of sound judgment, a poor rulership is inevitable.  Rulership is a choice.  You can either rule or be ruled.  Walking in rulership is important because it sets order and establishes boundaries.  God (YAH) has given us rulership over our conduct, appearance, and speech.  These things have rulership over you by choice. Rulership is the difference between YAH's people and the world. Rulership is living the way YAH (God) intended for us to live before the foundation of the world. It is time to take a long hard look in the mir

Is MakeUp Deceptive?

 Is there something deceptive about makeup? I believe it is a topic worth exploring. My interest in this topic awakened after receiving a makeup kit which a family member ordered for me online.  When the item arrived the name on the kit gave me an uneasy feeling because I understood the meaning of the name.  Dismissing the feeling I went ahead and used the makeup I had anxiously waited for. But the Lord brought it to my remembrance again and this time I could not ignore.    The Beauty Industry in the US, which includes hair care and skincare, is a 445 billion market (Forbes, May 2017). The US has the largest cosmetic market in the world. It was expected in 2016 to exceed 62 billion in revenue and is expected to maintain positive growth through 2018, (Market Research.com 2016) In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which regulates cosmetics, defines cosmetics as “intended to be applied to the human body for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or